Monday, December 21, 2009

The Greatest Gift







We had Marlee's cardiology appointment on Thursday. I'm always nervous during these appointment with all of the nurses and blood pressures and of course the dreaded echocardiogram! We went back in the room for the Echo and of course Marlee no longer wants to cooperate. I usually can read the Echo Tech's face to tell how everything is going, but this time I couldn't. We went back to the room to wait on Dr Malpass and I have to admit that I was nervous. He comes in and listens to her heart. After he does, he touches Marlee's scar and says "If it were not for this scar, you would never know that she had open heart sugery!" WOW! He said that he can no longer even hear a murmur! He said that her repair looks great and has stayed open with no scar tissue! Our God keeps his promises! So this Christmas I am so thankful for my baby girl and the 2 doctors who have saved her life! Dr Malpass and Dr Bradley( who actually did the surgery) Dr Bradley is first and Dr Malpass second!

2 comments:

w and js mommy said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! What a Christmas gift indeed!!

Wodzisz Family said...

I wanted to let you know that I added your blog to my list so I can follow along on Marlee's progress...I hope you don't mind. She is doing so great and is such an inspiration. I hope SC responds too!