Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Behind your scar



Behind your scar...

Sometimes I have those "moments"

when I think...life's just not fair.

Then I think of all you've been through,

and I see the scar you bear.

A faded line right down your chest,

made with such careful precision.

We wanted you to have a chance,

could their have been any other decision??

And so I trace that perfect scar

made with the utmost care,

and I realize their is purpose

behind this scar you wear.

What have you taught us??

You've taught us how to face a storm,

(some things are just out of our hands)

Life has no handy guidebook,

(things dont always go as you had planned)

People come into our lives

(sometimes only for a season)

But God brings them into our lives

(and I know that he must have a reason)

Normal, Uneventful days

(the kind we'd always hoped for)

these are the days that I say "Wow God!"

we just never know what lies in store.

If I can place a feeding tube without even getting distraught.

perhaps, maybe, I might be...

Much stronger than I thought

Its ok to be afraid and it's alright to cry.

It's ok to feel lost sometimes..

It's even okay to ask...why??

You face life with courage

(knowing that God set you apart)

Every little thing you do,

you do with all your heart!

No crystal ball exsists for us,

( to see us through each strife)

We only have one wish for you..

An ordinary life.

You've taught us to love one another

(Helping each other to cope)

You've taught us compassion for others,

You've taught us to never lose hope.

You already have quite a story,

which someday you will share.

And I can see it's beauty...

behind the scar you wear.



I found this poem on another heart mom's blog and fell in love with it. Marlee's scar is hardley visible now, but it will forever be there reminding us that she is a MIRACLE! Marlee is the most speical little girl to Jason and I and our entire family because she has been through more than most people do in their entire lifetime! Through every struggle, our God has seen us through. We know that with faith our daughter is and will be completely healed! Thank you Jesus for your amazing promises!!


Matthew 15:28

Then Jesus said to her, "O woman, your faith is great, it shall be done for you as you wish."
and her daughter was healed at once.






1 comment:

cindy cope said...

amazing, beautiful, and thriving!!! this is what your little miracle is : )

love the poem too!