Sunday, June 22, 2008

"Baby Marlee"





We introduced Harley to "Baby Marlee" today. We had read that it was important to introduce your dog to a baby doll and also to play sounds of a baby crying to get them ready for the big transition! Well we chose today for Harley to meet "her" after my mom brought me one of my old baby dolls! Everything started out well, we placed the "baby" in her carrier and all Harley really wanted to do was sniff her and chew on her blanket! ( which is better than chewing on the baby.) Even though I knew that we would have to work on him trying to chew on her blanket, I thought we had done pretty good for our first introduction! Well Jason left to get some dinner and we left the "baby" in the bouncer. I had noticed that Harley had been gone for a little while and when I turned around I found that he had not only taken the baby out of the bouncer, but was in the process of stripping her naked! Needless to see Harley got put in time out ( or as we call it, night night time) I have obviously learned to never leave the baby alone for two seconds! We will continue trying to get Harley used to the "baby" for these next 8 weeks! Hopefully we will have more success in the future or else I see Harley's future as living at Gram's house!




No comments: